Setup Advanced Fraud Profile
The ConnexCS Fraud Profile provides rule-based Fraud Detection with a high degree of flexibility.
This feature won't prevent a security breach, but it can serve as detection and mitigation if an account is ever compromised.
Will calls trigger fraud detection?
At present, our fraud detection system prevents only new calls; it doesn't cut off any existing calls.
Design / Concept¶
The system's goal is to identify suspicious calls and depending on how it's configured, warn, block, or lock the account.
- A fraud profile has several rules used to create several fraud profiles.
- A fraud profile applies to routing inside a customer's account.
- A prefix and a date / time range define a rule.
- A call is eligible for fraud detection if the fraud profile gets enabled on the call (by setting it in routing) and if the prefix matches.
Detection Parameters and Limits¶
You can use the following 5 parameters for monitoring fraud detection:
- CPM: Calls Per Minute, the amount of calls sent in any single minute.
- Call Duration: The duration of the call.
- Total Calls: The duration of the call.
- Channels: The amount of concurrent calls.
- Sequential Calls: Consecutive calls to the same destination.
The configuration of these 5 parameters takes place with two limits: a Warning limit and a Critical limit.
The Warning limit must always be lower than the Critical limit.
When one of the limits gets triggered, the system takes automatic action determined by the Mode (defined below).
Each of the five parameters is configured with two limits: a Warning limit and a Critical limit.
The Warning limit must always be lower than the Critical limit. When one of the limits is triggered, the system takes automatic action, which is determined by the Mode (defined below).
Selecting Low or High mode defines the action taken when it reaches a Warning or Critical threshold.
|Low||Call continues, shows in log only.||Calls blocked.|
|High||Calls blocked.||Calls and account blocked.|
Setup Fraud Detection¶
Step 1: Create a Fraud Profile and Rules
1.1. Click .
1.2. Enter the Name.
1.3. Click Save.
1.4. To the right of the new Profile, select
1.5. Click .
1.6. Define Prefix, Start and End Times, and Days of Week to set the trigger for fraud detection.
1.7. Configure individual Metrics (as defined above) to set thresholds for fraud detection.
1.8. Save the rules.
Step 2: Apply the profile to the customer route
2.1. Go to Management Customer [your customer] Routing [select the route] Fraud.
2.2. Select the Fraud Profile.
2.3. Select the Fraud Mode (as defined above).
2.4. Save the route.
To view when Warning or Critical thresholds get triggered, go to Logging Fraud Logging